Thursday, April 12, 2012

If bookkeeping is "yesterday's business", how are us bookkeepers going to make a living in tomorrow's world?

Right now I spend 90% of my time reviewing the in's and out's of yesterday's financial transactions in my client's QuickBooks reports. If the accounting technology leaders like Doug Sleeter are right about "zero data entry" then I'm about spend a lot more of my time reviewing how my client's QuickBooks reports will look tomorrow instead. My clients will start getting instant, and accurate, QuickBooks reports using technologies that automatically enter and classify yesterday's financial transactions, and my bookkeeping job will be completely different.
"Technically savvy accounting professionals are helping their clients increase efficiency and prepare for the future by creating lean, mobile business systems", says Beth Damis, a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor who has helped her clients adopt new technologies to increase their bottom line.


Speaking at the Small Business 3.0 Tour

Small businesses often only keep track of "yesterday's business"
Big businesses hire planners and are prepared for "tomorrow's business
Savvy small business bookkeepers sync data with new technologies
New technologies forecast "tomorrow's business"
Challenge for small business today is moving from theory to practice

No comments:

Post a Comment